Settings / Display
The settings here control color, brightness, and other aspects of your display.
- Colors: Choose either Day (normal), Dusk, or Night color modes, depending on the current lighting conditions. You may want to use Calibrate Brightness in conjunction with this to fine tune brightness level. A related setting is Use Green for Dusk/Night under Status Bar settings, which controls the color for the status bar in Dusk/Night modes. When Night mode is selected, red badges on the bottom tab bar showing the number of AIS targets are disabled, as is the system status bar along the top.
- Brightness Adjustment: When enabled, a panel is displayed on the Navigation tab with a slider and the current display brightness level. Move the slider to set the desired brightness. This affects the device's overall brightness level.
- IOS: if the brightness level changes spontaneously, check if IOS Settings / Wallpapers & Brightness / Auto-Brightness is enabled. You may want to turn it off.
- Windows: this may not function on certain Windows devices. If the brightness level changes spontaneously, check if Settings / Display / Change Brightness Automatically is turned on. You may want to turn it off.
- Use Green for Dusk/Night: When enabled, green colors are used for the status bar (and other non-chart data) when Dusk or Night color mode is selected.
- Alternate Color Palette: Enabling this changes to an alternate color palette. This is still based on S-52 colors, but has somewhat different conversion to display. Only change this if needed. Please contact us if you find this setting necessary to change.
- Full Screen: Press this to toggle full-screen mode.
- Narrow Side-Bar: When enabled, the side bar is made somewhat narrower. This is to allow more display area to be used for charts.
- Side-Bar Side: Select side for side bar. The default is right side.
- Keep Awake: When enabled, your device will not go to sleep when SEAiq is running and SEAiq will keep running in the background. If you want your device to go to sleep, you can disable the Keep Awake mode or stop the SEAiq app.
On IOS: This feature requires that Background App Refresh be enabled for this app. A warning will be shown if this has not been enabled. In some cases you may find that SEAiq will only run for 3-5 minutes when in the background; see Settings / Display / Keep Awake Always to prevent this (at some additional battery usage).
- Keep Awake Always: This is only for IOS. When enabled along with Keep Awake, should never go to sleep, even when running in the background for long periods. Without this, in some cases the app may sleep after 3-5 minutes in the background.
You will need to allow access to Location Services and warning will be shown if this is not availble.
When enabling this (and Keep Awake is also on), hardware GPS is turned on and always left on, even when not needed for positioning. This normally affects battery life.
- Display DPI: Dots-per-inch (DPI) is a measure of your display's resolution. It is normally only necessary to set this on Microsoft Windows, which often does not report accurate DPI.
- Reset DPI: Pressing this button reverts to default system DPI.
- Disable Rotation Gestures: Enable this to prevent rotating chart display through touch gestures.
- Disable Graphics Framebuffer: SEAiq makes use of a graphics framebuffer to optimize display performance. On some platforms, this use of a framebuffer can cause problems and you may wish to disable it. Examples include some lower-end Android tablets. Normally, disabling the framebuffer slows graphics performance. Only change this if needed. Please contact us if you find this setting necessary to change.
- Disable Graphics Anti-aliasing: SEAiq uses antialiasing to make lines appear smooth. On some platforms, this can cause problems such as slow display performance, and you may wish to disable it. Examples include some lower-end Android tablets and Windows laptops. Only change this if needed. Please contact us if you find this setting necessary to change.
- Disable Graphics Point-Sprites: SEAiq uses so-called point sprites to improve performance for graphics. On some platforms, this can cause problems such as incorrect display, and you may wish to disable it. Examples include some Android tablets, such as Lenova Yoga tablets. Only change this if needed. Please contact us if you find this setting necessary to change.