Settings / Units
These settings control units to represent various various types of values.
- Depth Unit: Metres, Feet, or Fathoms. Depth values for raster charts are determined by the chart and the units are shown in the bottom right corner of the display (or can be found by querying the Chart Details).
- Horizontal Unit: Metres, Feet, or Yards. Similar to Depth, but used for horizontal measurements.
- Use Metres for Own-Ship: (Only SEAiq Pilot) This is used to override other settings. This can be helpful for users who wish to use feet except when configuring Own-Ship, which is often specified in metres. When disabled, the Own-Ship units are the same as for other horizontal distances.
- Distance Unit: Nautical miles, Miles, or Kilometres. Horizontal units are used for distances less than a threshold (default 0.25NM).
- Speed Unit: Knots, Miles-per-hour, or Kilometres-per-hour.
- Bearing Type: True North or Magnetic North.
- Lat & Lon Format: DDMMSSFF or DDMMFFFF (FF is fractions of seconds/minutes).
- Date Format for Month/Day: Select MM/DD or DD/MM.
- Temperature Unit: Select Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Use Horizontal Units for Small Distances: (Only SEAiq Pilot) When enabled, horizontal units will be used for distance up to the threshold below. By default this is enabled and a threshold of 0.25NM is used.
- Threshold for Small Distances: (Only SEAiq Pilot) Distances below this value will be displayed using Horizontal Lengths rather than Distance units. Values can range from 0NM to 1NM. The default is 0.25NM.
- Locale: Locale specifies the language to use.
Important: English is the default and official language for this software. In many cases, translations are contributed by other SEAiq users. If concerned about the accuracy, we recommend using our default translations.
Please contact us if you are interested in contributing translations for your language(s). New translations are checked for weekly and will be automatically downloaded and installed.