Settings / VentureFarther
VentureFarther is an online web toolkit for mariners. Please note that ongoing use of VentureFarther KAP download requires contributing to their site or paying a fee. We encourage you to donate to the site to help support maintaining and improving this service.
Here are the steps to setup your account with VentureFarther.
- Go to VentureFarther. Choose Join the Community. Fill in the information and select Done.
- Then go to Profile / External Access Key. Copy the key (long press, select the entire key, then Copy) from VentureFarther. Then paste it in the External Access Key field here. This allows SEAiq to login as you on VentureFarther.
To download charts, go to the Navigate tab. Double-tap and select Download Satellite Chart. When completed, the chart will appear on the display. The Download Satellite Chart option will only appear if a value is present in the External Access Key field.
After chart(s) are downloaded, they will be displayed if VentureFarther chart display is enabled. You do not need to turn on raster charts in order to display these charts.
- Web Site: A link to the VentureFarther website.
- External Access Key: This key is used to login to your VenturaFarther account.
Go to VentureFarther account, go to Profile / External Access Key. Copy the key (long press, select the entire key, then Copy) from VentureFarther. Then paste it here (long press and select Paste).
- Display Charts: When on, VentureFarther charts are displayed. They are shown in preference to normal charts.
- Imagery Source: Choose source of chart imagery: Google Earth or Microsoft Virtual Earth.
- Resolution: Select charts based on low or high resolution imagery. This is only supported for imagery from Google Earth.
- Charts: Chart files.
- Erase All Venture Farther Charts: This button erases all your Venture Farther charts, after confirmation. You can then download new ones. You can also delete charts individually by going to the Charts listing and pressing Edit.