Settings / ChartWorld Charts (Only SEAiq Pilot)
The settings here are for users with S-63 charts from ChartWorld. If you are using ChartWorld charts, you can enable occasional checks to see if you have any chart updates. When chart updates are available, you can download them directly from ChartWorld using an automatic download feature.
To use the remote update features from ChartWorld, you must have registered an account with ChartWorld and purchased charts.
Create ChartWorld Account
Creating a ChartWorld account is straight-forward except for the important step of creating a "ChartWorld Installation". An Installation provides ChartWorld the information it uses to package the charts for SEAiq. The instructions below explain all of the steps, including the creation of your SEAiq Installation.
- In a web browser, go to the ChartWorld website, www.chartworld.com.
- Select the Register option in the top-right corner.
- Fill in your details and press Register in the bottom-right corner.
- You should receive an email with your account name and temporary password.
- Go back to ChartWorld and Login (top-right) using your new account info. You may want to replace your temporary password.
- Select Installations on the left. Choose New Installation.
- Fill in the fields for your SEAiq Installation:
- Chart Display System: Choose "Other"
- Original name of vessel/installation: Enter "SEAiq" or your vessel's name
- Current name of vessel/installation: Enter "SEAiq" or your vessel's name
- Your reference: Enter whatever you like
- ** Hardware Id: Leave empty
- Hardware Id / BackUp: Leave empty
- ** ENC user permit: See below
- ENC User permit / BackUp: Leave empty
- Email address for update information: Enter your email address
- Ship type: Select "Not a Vessel"
- IMO No.: Leave empty.
- Call Sign: Leave empty.
- * Purpose of use: Select "Navigation"
- The ENC User Permit is provided by SEAiq and it must be entered in your Installation exactly as given. We recommend using the following steps:
- Go to SEAiq.
- Go to the Settings tab and select S-63 Charts.
- You can copy this to the ChartWorld by hand or copy/paste it. On iPad this is done as follows: Select the User Permit item. Choose the option Copy to Pasteboard. Return to Safari and paste the value into the field. Pasting is done by pressing for a long time inside the field. After you lift your finger you should be given an option to paste the value.
- After creating your Installation, select it as your current installation.
- Enter your account and password in the ChartWorld settings in SEAiq. Your account will begin with DC followed by 5 numbers (for example DC12345). Your password is normally 5 characters: 2 letters followed by 3 numbers (for example AB789). See Account and Password below for more information.
- Turn on Display Charts.
Account and Password
ChartWorld can use different usernames and passwords depending on whether you are accessing your account on their web site or download charts. Here are instructions to ensure that you enter the correct information in SEAiq.
You can confirm you are using the correct information by looking for the FTP Chart Download information that ChartWorld sent you. You will see a link like this: ftp://DC12345:AB789@www.chartworld.com/DC12345/. In this case, the account is DC12345 and the password is AB789.
- Account: This is always DC followed by 5 numbers.
- Password: This is normally 5 characters, two letters followed by 3 numbers. For example, AB789
You are ready to purchase charts. Go to the ChartWorld store and find the S-63 charts you want. Be sure to only purchase charts in the S-63 format. Add them to your cart and checkout.
For many charts, you will be offered a choice of subscription periods. These only determine for how long you will receive updates for the charts. SEAiq, following the S-63 standard, will continue to display charts that have expired subscriptions, but will display a warning.
To download or update charts simply press the UPDATE button while connected to the internet. If any updates are available, they will be downloaded and installed. If you leave Check for Updates enabled, then SEAiq will regularly check for update and offer to download them when they are available.
- Account: Fill in the account registered with ChartWorld. This is sometimes referred to as your Username and sometimes as Account. This is always the letters DC followed by 5 numbers. For example, DC12345.
- Password: Fill in your ChartWorld password. This is typically 5 characters: 2 letters followed by 3 numbers. For example, AB789. This is different than the password you use to access your account information on the ChartWorld website.
Download & Update
- Check for Updates: Enabling this causes updates to be checked for your ChartWorld charts. When updates are available, a notification is given. Charts are not updated unless you request them.
This feature occasionally attempts to contact the ChartWorld update server to check on the availability of charts. This may involve using some of your cellular data bandwidth.
- Download Updates: Pressing this triggers an attempt to download charts from ChartWorld. You must be connected to the internet and have an account registered with ChartWorld. The update continues in the background.
This capability can be used for your initial chart download as well as for periodic updates.
You can see the status being updated as the download proceeds. When complete, a notification is given.
Keep in mind chart updates can be quite large. You may want to wait until you are connected to a high speed internet connection before downloading updates for your charts.
- Status: Status of ChartWorld updates.
- Erase All ChartWorld Charts: This button erases all your ChartWorld charts, after confirmation. This cannot be undone. You can download the files again. You can erase chart files individually by going to the Charts listing and pressing Edit.
This may be useful when changing accounts to clear out old files. Also, we recommend doing this periodically to reduce the number of update files present on your device.
IMPORTANT: The ChartWorld server removes base files from your account after some time. This means that after erasing your files and then re-downloading your files, you may not get all the required files for the charts you have purchased. If this happens, please contact ChartWorld and request that they reset your account so that all base files become available again. ChartWorld has been notified of this issue.