Settings / Tracks
Tracks are used to record and display the path Own-Ship has taken. In addition, the position is stored every 30 minutes with a timestamp and a marker you can select to determine the position and time at that point.
These settings control recording and display of Own-Ship's tracks.
- Enable Tracks: When enabled, the past course Own-Ship is monitored and displayed. This does not apply to AIS vessels.
- Save & Restart Tracks: This button saves the current tracks and restart them.
- Restart When Own-Ship Changes: (Only SEAiq Pilot) When enabled, tracks are restarted whenever Own-Ship changes. Old tracks are saved in the Files tab.
- Less Conspicuous Tracks: (Only SEAiq Pilot) When enabled, the tracks are shown as thin lines.
- Erase Tracks: This button erases the currently stored tracks.
- Export: This button exports the current tracks via email, iTunes file sharing, or direct transfer to another app. See Import/Export Help for more information.
- Imported Files: Tracks can be imported in the GPX format. The file must have a .gpx or .GPX suffix. You can transfer the file using iTunes File Transfer. Then select Imported Files and choose the desired GPX file. Files are listed along with the number of track points they have. You can add as many files as you like. As they are added, they are listed on the upper section. If you want to remove an active tracks file that has been imported, then you can select it to remove it. See Import/Export Help for more information.